Sunday, June 12, 2011

Saturday.

Posting the day after. Was at my parent's house all week-end.
So Saturday was the wedding of my 2nd cousin and a good family friend. It was great.

10:30 a.m: Corn flakes cereal with 2% milk. Haven't had milk in a while.

Went to the ceremony, came home and had very little time til the reception so....

5:00 p.m: 2 spinach pies. See yesterday's photo for reference.

So, the wedding was nice. Here is the food in order of appearance. I have the veggie option. Except the main course was salmon and the others got beef. Ummm, is salmon not meat? I only ate the veggies. I didn't eat everything on each plate. A lot of courses...
Roasted veggies, slie of cheese and cantaloupe. No cantaloupe for me. Never been a fan!

Tomato with bococinni cheese. You know I love it!

Pea Risotto.
Grilled veggies, asparagus, potato and salmon. Salmon is not veggie you nutty banquet hall.
Chocolate mousse. Didn't finish it all. It tastes like cake icing, meh.
So ummmm, there was a waffle sundae bar later. OMG, so good. If I ever got married (hah!), that would sooooo happen. I may have had 2. Soooooooo freakin yummy.
So, in terms of actual weddingy stuff. The biggest thing of the night seemed to be the bride's dress. Gorgeous. I'm not that girl who is all into weddings and dresses and blah blah but this one had my jaw on the floor. It was something I would do. Very couture and looked like she should be at the Oscar's. Very over the top but awesome. My picture's don't do it any justice. The bottom poof was all light pale colourful flowers and the top was all jeweled up. Loved it! I haven't seen a wedding dress I loved since Gwen Stefani's! haha.
 On a side, serious note... it made me sad again that my brother and I won't be able to give this to our parents. I could tell they couldn't wait until they got to throw a wedding like this as well. Sadly, I don't think I'm going to get married. Just not for me. My brother, doubt he'll get with an Armenian girl so that'll bother my parent's. It already does. Everything isn't always sunshine and lollipop's! Can I throw an "I'm single!" party at 30? I fucking want presents and money and a bigass party too!

Oh, this was my dress. Cute? I though so.


2 comments:

  1. Totally cute! Did you do Betsey Johnson accessories?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    Nah... I find Betsey Accessories a bit flashy and like you have to wear them with simple clothes. Also, they're always gold! This is a silver jewelry kinda dress :)

    ReplyDelete