Monday, July 8, 2013

It's me!

No posting about food. I've been doing ok without this blog. Although, it is kind of weird not posting every friggin thing. I'm so used to making mental notes of what I eat (or taking pics!) that every time I eat something, that urge is still there. I guess that's what happens when you've been doing this for so long.

Anyways, I've decided to use this blog for fun things for now. Here is one.

I'm currently in renovation mode. New kitchen, new floors, painting walls. In an effort to make life easier for painting (and for my floor installer), I moved a ton of my loose stuff from the living room into my bedroom. All the small things that just get in the way. I randomly put them in my room. The result was this...
I love how sometimes no effort makes things just work better than when you're trying. This could be said with fashion too. Being a very matchy matchy person usually drives me nuts. I want all colours to match, right down to the details. I like when everything is on point and "goes". I'm trying to let this habit go. There's beauty in mis matched stuff too. I don't know how to put these words onto paper (screen... whatever). Basically, sometimes there's beauty in things just coming together naturally with no effort. I always notice this in change rooms. I'll take a bunch of stuff in there with me and just kinda hang them there with no thought. Then I look at the array of colours and patterns and sometimes just want to snap a pic. Next time, I will.

Anyways, I went on a bit of a rant there.

Yup.


No comments:

Post a Comment